February 22, 2013

Quick! Check your calendar! I think it’s Country Music Friday!!

Well, well, well, funny seeing you here. Glad you’ve tuned back in for another edition of the best day of the week!


The First: This is Country Music – Brad Paisley


I don’t know why this wasn’t the very first song I sent out on CMF. It really is the perfect introduction and explanation to the wonderful music genre (read: total lifestyle) that is Country. He talks about all the things that Country music isn’t afraid to put down in song. “It ain’t hip to sing about tractors, trucks, and little towns, or mama.” It’s not that we don’t get that you might find these things boring, it’s just that we’re (what, ladies and gentlemen? Oh yes, that’s right) keeping it real.


The Second: Put Some Alcohol On It – Gord Bamford


You can always count on Gord to find a solution to your problem. I’m pretty sure we can all agree that Gord has a better solution than these guys' attempt. In fact, I’m also fairly certain that the Bacon Boys, as I like to call them, stole their idea from him (there’s a two year gap that is not in their favour, people).


The Third: Summer Nights – Rascal Flatts


Because you can never go wrong with these little Rascals. And because songs about summer make me feel like eventually we’ll have one. Hopefully.

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment