November 20, 2015

Nothing exciting has happened in the last 24 hours

As you may have guessed, I don't really have anything too important to share. The last 24 hours have been pretty standard. I woke up. Worked out. Had some meetings. Did some work. Ate some food. Heard some vocal performances by Little Big Town that legitimately changed my life. Stretched. Went to bed. Now we're here.

Really nothing to report.

The First: Boondocks by Little Big Town


SO THIS CONCERT. Let's talk about it.
Their harmonies: on point.
Their song selection: excellent.
Their theatrics: subtle and not so overwhelming that it takes away from the music.
I've chosen this classic mostly because I realized that I hadn't up until this point and that seems shameful. They closed with it last night and it really was the best last song. Also, for the record, the ending of this song is hands down the best part.


The Second: Won't You Be Mine by Bobby Wills


You have permission to not watch the video. It's weird and has no clear storyline.
Actually, maybe go ahead and watch it if you like watching confusing videos.

I like this song because, as most of you know, I get oddly enthusiastic about songs that have clapping parts. Exhibit A. Exhibit B. Also it doesn't take itself too seriously and I think that's what we all need right now.

PS If you like watching confusing videos (or if you just need a serious laugh), please enjoy this incredible gem that a student shared with me last week. I've been forcing people to watch it all week - that's how good it is. The epitome of Fox News.


The Third and Final: Crazy Beautiful Sexy by my faves Old Dominion


I HAVE BEEN REMISS. Old Dom released their debut album Meat and Candy (gross) several weeks ago and we HAVE NOT TALKED ABOUT IT.
I will say this: they do not disappoint. The entire album is everything I had hoped for and more. Simply put, every single new song is perfect.
I only chose this song because it is the first one I listened to and since we have seven new songs to work through, I had to start somewhere.
(There's also clapping.)


Okay. I think I've now exhausted myself by all the music-related excitement that's happened in this edition of CMF. I feel like my four-year-old niece on Christmas morning after opening all the presents: hungry and ready for a nap.

Enjoy your Friday! Only a few more hours until you can go home, pour that glass of wine, and unwind from the week.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment