November 18, 2016

It's a little early.

Apparently it's too early to decorate for the holidays.
This is difficult for me, a person who maybe started *secretly* listening to holiday music in September, to accept.
Did I try to quell my festive enthusiasm by pretending that decorating for Halloween/fall was "just as fun" as the decorations that come with December? Yes.
Would I say that it worked? Only about as good as a bandaid on a bullet wound (thanks for the analogy, TSwift).
Was that a little too dramatic? Probably.
Should I stop asking myself questions on your behalf? Absolutely.

Getting back to the point at hand. However ridiculous, what this premature enthusiasm does mean is that this year's holiday top ten round up is basically already written and will be ready for all of you promptly on December 1st. Mark your calendars, friends: Santa's-a-comin'.


The First: Hoods and Tailgates by Dallas Smith


This beautifully talented local boy is back! Dallas released a new album in early September and it is oh so good. But what's new, right? We've certainly got our list of Always Favourites around here and Dallas has been on it since day one. There are many recommendations I could make from this album (and don't you worry, because I will) but I'm going to start with this one because it's got a good beat. And we all know I'd do just about anything for a decent beat. Is the beginning a little bit over-edited for my liking? Yes. But no more than that unnecessarily photoshopped album cover, so whatcha gonna do?


The Second: All Alright by Lindsay Ell


I desperado need the ladies of country to start releasing albums or singles or something! ASAP. Because the men have just been killing it lately and the ladies have apparantly peaced the scene. Having said that, Lindsay Ell has this very catchy tune for you to enjoy while I yell at her colleagues to get back in that recording studio (please).


The Third and Final: Dear Life by High Valley


Canadian boys seem to have the majority today and to that I say, good for you gentlemen! Wordplay makes me swoon about 98% of the time, and this song is no exception. Listen to it and you'll understand, I'm sure.

Have a wonderfully cozy weekend, everyone!

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment