May 12, 2017

Let's be more Swiss.

It's Friday! Finally! Find yourself some friends and a cocktail and cheers to the weekend!

In between extended weekend trips and some long-anticipated days off, it's been a few weeks since I've worked a full five-day week. And you know what I've learned? Five days a long haul. Who else is thinking that Switzerland, Sweden, and the Netherlands (among a few others) have the right idea with their four-day work weeks? All in favour for being more like the Swiss raise your hand.
I thought so.

Bonus: I also love swiss cheese, so I'm thinking this'll work out well for me in more ways than one.

The First: Tin Man by Miranda Lambert


Well just break my heart and put it back together, Miranda. I love this.
She sounds like old Miranda circa Famous in a Small Town and New Strings and it's so good. Not only is this song great, but can we take a moment to just appreciate her as a performer? It's just her and her guitar and her voice and a spotlight and she has that entire audience captivated. I mean, her fringe should also get a shout out for its stage presence (obviously) but mostly it's just her guitar and her voice that captivates you. And that's pretty incredible.


The Second: I Could Use A Love Song by Maren Morris


I've had a hard time finding a Maren Morris song I haven't immediately loved, and this one is no different. It's on the slower side but oh so good. As you may have guessed, the official music video was waaay too much drama for a Friday and disrupted the song a few times so you get this zero budget lyric video instead. Trust me. It's for the best.


The Third and Final: Broken Halos by Chris Stapleton


Man can this guy sing. I don't know that I'll ever tire of his voice and the never pop-y song selections. I think what I love most about Chris Stapleton's music is that it's always all about his voice and the lyrics. They're not about how catchy they can make the chorus sound or if the kids in the club will be able to dance along to the music (clubs are still a thing, right?). They're just about the weight of his voice and I think that's cool.


Looking forward to a few sunshine-filled walks along the water, plans with friends, and the return of a certain European traveller this weekend. Hope you've got exciting plans in the works too!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment