April 24, 2015

I have no witty title this week, I'm sorry.

Alright team! It’s Friday! FriYAY!!

Your weekend may still be a few hours away, but you don’t have to wait another second for Country Music Friday because it’s right here!

The First: Crash and Burn by Thomas Rhett


Not to be confused by the (excellent) Savage Garden song of the same name, Thomas Rhett’s Crash and Burn is certainly a current favourite of mine. And by that I do mean that it is one of the songs I’ve been enjoying on repeat ever morning whilst getting ready for work. I think my favourite part is the transition into the chorus. I could not tell you why. I just like it. When the beat drops (is that the right terminology? I don’t know. I’m sure one or ten of you will correct me if I’m wrong), I just feel like the music is basically saying, “Okay Karla, get ready, it’s about to get real good!”


The Second: I Love This Life by LoCash


To begin, let’s discuss these guys: The LoCash Cowboys. They are their own kind of cowboy, if you ask me. I can’t quite decide how I feel about them. In my very thorough research that you all know I do in preparation for each week’s CMF (< that was sarcasm, fyi. Unless you count watching YouTube videos “research”), I came across this gem of a video of them debuting this song at a country music festival: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCC8OFVV5m8. First of all, you’re welcome because your life was clearly incomplete without these six minutes of gold. Secondly, I wish to share a few of what I believe are the major highlights of their personalities in this particular performance:
- The fist pump and determined high-kneed strut up the stage at 0:16.
- The choreographed pose at 0:56 (which is actually one of my favourite lines in this song, in case you were wondering. I know you were.)
- The groovin’ by Mr. Red Hat at 1:40.
- The enthusiastic shoulder shrugs at 2:51. To be entirely fair, this is legitimately how I “dance” when I really don’t want to dance for real.
Those are all the gems I could find before I felt the need to stop watching.
If you wish to just hear the song and not watch the shenanigans, just click on the link I provided at the top there.


The Third and Final: I’m To Blame by Kip Moore 


Your time is valuable, my time is valuable, so let’s just cut to the chase and I’ll tell you that the music starts at 1:34. I don’t know what it is with country music videos these days and their need to delay and/or interrupt otherwise excellent songs with a storyline. Ugh. 
This song is good though. I always enjoy the roughness of Kip’s voice.
I do feel bad for the groom (see 2:17, 3:02, 3:15, 3:28, 3:34 for reference). While we’re at it, I also feel bad for the couple at 2:44.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment