July 17, 2015

Say hello to these annoyingly talented people

Last night, my friend Tiffany told me that she likes it when there is some sort of theme to my CMFs and so that’s kind of what I’m doing this week. I say “kind of” because the ‘theme’ of this week’s selections is in highlighting the artists who contributed to the BEAUTY that is…


The First: Life In A Northern Town by Sugarland, Little Big Town, and Jake Owen 


Okay. My goodness. I love this performance. Definitely in my top 3. Part of me is disappointed that they never recorded this for real, and the other part of me knows that I’ve listened to it so many times that it just wouldn’t sound as good without the screams and the inflections and all of what happened on stage that night. So for this week’s selections I would like to highlight the outrageously talented Little Big Town and Sugarland because CMF has not yet done them justice…


The Second: Sober by Little Big Town


Oh these wonderful human beings. They are just so technically gifted with those vocals that they really do blow my mind. Those harmonies. Oh my. I recently got tickets for their concert in Vancouver (it’s actually in Abbotsford, but we’re trying to downplay the long drive after work to get there) in November. I’m already trying hard to mentally prepare. Sober is probably my favourite song of theirs because it just hits my heart real hard. I hope you enjoy it too. (Also they play at Red Rocks in this video which I just think is the world’s coolest venue and I hope to see a concert there one day).


The Third and Final: Want To by Sugarland


Pretty sure this song was my first introduction to Sugarland. The summer after our first year of university one of my friends from high school and I took to driving around our little hometown for hours late in the evening because why not. We loved this song and would listen to it on repeat for hours while entertaining each other with stories from our year apart (we had gone to different schools). So when I hear this song I just think of my friend Melissa and I BELTING out the lyrics on the quiet road up to Quest University or down the highway and getting lost in the conversation. We would also always stop at Tim Hortons for French Vanillas, even after swearing that we weren’t going to. Thank you for listening to that story from my very wild youth. Great song, great memories.

Sadly for Jake I’ve run out of formal selections for this week. I will share an oldie Keepin’ It Country because I haven’t yet decided if I’m a fan of his current single, Real Life.

PS If you are like me and can’t get over this collaboration, I’ll do you a favour and leave this nugget of gold here. Song starts at 2:45. You can thank me later.

Thanks for listening!
Karla


Find me and the CMF playlist on Spotify @karcarr8.

No comments:

Post a Comment