January 5, 2018

And all of a sudden it's 2018

Well hello again!

Apologies on going a little AWOL... didn't quite plan for that to happen. And I certainly didn't plan to skip out on a Country Christmas 2017 playlist but sometimes life gets in the way, ya know? But! I have three peices of good news:
Good thing #1: With a new year comes new motivations.
Good thing #2: A delightful byproduct of my radio silence is that I now have a ๐Ÿ‘  very๐Ÿ‘  long๐Ÿ‘  list of new country music that I'm so excited to share with all of you!
Good thing #3: I put a package of Reese's cups in the freezer two weeks ago, forgot about them, and just rediscovered them so we're all winning right now.

Anywho, I think I've made you wait long enough, so I'll just get to it now.


The First: Makin' Me Say by Brett Young


Here's the thing: I'm not ashamed. You may be bored of him by now, but I'm certainly not. I don't think I'll ever be bored of him. Not even after I meet him at a show and he instantly falls in love with me and we've been married for sixty years (daily serenades, of course), raised our children, travelled the world and retired in Stars Hollow. I still won't be bored. I just don't think it's going to happen.
~Also there's clapping in this song so I couldn't not share it.~


The Second: Holier Than Thou by Jillian Jacqueline


I'm honestly still on the fence about whether she's actually a country artist but there are definitely a few songs where Jillian's twang is on. point. The sass of this song is so subtle you don't notice until you actually pay attention to the lyrics and then it will just consumes you. I'm a fan. If you're looking for a more toned down and sweet take on Jillian then I would suggest you check out Sugar and Salt. Pun intended.


The Third and Final: Your Love Is The Drug by The Road Hammers


Not to be confused with another favourite of mine, Your Love Is My Drug by the wonderful unicorn also known as Ke$ha.
I'm really feeling the harmonies in this one. They remind me of old stuff from Alabama, which earns them gold stars in my book. I was initially going to apologize for the beginning of this music video. But then I watched the rest of it and realized there's legitimately just too much to apologize for. It's a lot. I'm sorry doesn't even cover it.
But the harmonies are nice, I swear.

Place your bets on whether there will be a CMF next week. Honestly, it's anyone's guess at this point.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment