August 7, 2015

Country music is good for your health.

That’s a little lesson I learned while recovering from an annoying cold this week by having country on in the background while I was sleeping or zoning out on my couch. It really kept me from going stir crazy while cooped up at home. Sick days are the worst.

The First: Dime Store Cowgirl by Kacey Musgraves


I like this song because it’s an easy song to listen to without being too slow or too loud. It’s the little bear bowl of porridge to my goldilocks, if you will. It also has a really lovely melody that keeps you on your toes. My favourite line from this chanson is “maybe for a minute I got too big for my britches, but…” mostly just because I really like the way she sings it. Finally, I think it reminds me a little bit of Mississippi Girl by Faith Hill, which was one of my favourites when I was younger. Those are all of my thoughts.


The Second: Yup by Easton Corbin


I don’t think I ever realized what a nice face Easton Corbin has. Interesting.
Please ignore the awful syncing job they did when editing the beginning of this video… Easton really deserves better. Also, let’s talk about the name “Easton”. Who came up with that? I kind of like it. Is he the only Easton on earth?
After a quick google search, I just answered my own question (kind of). Easton is a widely known sports equipment company and sometimes a last name. I appreciate that his parents got a little creative when naming their born-to-be-country-crooner son. Or maybe they were just big into the sportsing.


The Third and Final: Lay It On Me by Dylan Scott


I thought I had shared this months ago, and then realized I didn’t. Immense apologies!! I hope that you blare this at least once this weekend. Do it for me. Better yet, do it for yourself. My favourite part is when he kind of raps the bridge. I can’t say I’m always a fan of rapping in country music, but once in a while it works and for me this is one of those times. Well done, Mr. Scott. P.S. It’s a little weird that you won’t let us see your eyes in this video…

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment