August 11, 2015

My Top Ten Loud-Car-Singing Songs

I spend a decent amount of time in my car and would argue that that's really where my best vocal performances occur. In fact, the best ones usually happen at around 8:30am when I'm driving to work and trying to get myself super pumped for the day. I also feel that this practice doubles as a public service to other drivers who get to see me rockin' out without restraint and thereby have a slightly brighter day because of it. You're welcome, fellow commuters.

Here are my favourite songs to sing loudly along with while I'm driving:

1. Here Comes the Thunder by Tim Hicks


I really can't express to you just. how. excited. I get whenever this song starts playing on the radio. My hand immediately shoots to the volume dial and the music takes over. This one arguably turns into something more akin to screaming than singing. Tim's Hell Raisin' Good Time is a good substitute, if you need one (the vid's weird though).

2. Kerosene by Miranda Lambert


Because who doesn't love a good revenge-filled cowgirl kiss-off?


3. Friday Night by Eric Paslay


Bonus points for singing this on a Friday, post-work.


4. Young and Beautiful by Carrie Underwood


Carrie Underwood's powerful voice really just invites you to duet with her in the car.


5. Natural Disaster by Zac Brown Band


You can hear more about my thoughts on this gem here.


6. Want To by Sugarland


This song reminds me of my lovely high school friend Melissa and our adventures driving around our small hometown.


7. Drink In My Hand by Eric Church


Even though I love my job, I can't help but sing this anthem real loud when it comes on.


8. Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift


Because let's get real, once a commercial break comes on the radio I'm switching to the CD player and TSwift is in there 70% of the time. Haters gonna hate.


9. Catch All the Fish by Brad Paisley


I explain my tactic with this song in great detail here.


10. Who's Bed Have Your Boots Been Under by Shania Twain


Shout out to by good friend Lawrence, because this is the only country song he knows (but at least he loves it) so we sing it together sometimes.


Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment