September 25, 2015

Majestic horses and nightmares

Allow me to paint you a picture of my super relaxing Thursday evening (because yes, I write CMF on Thursdays. Scandal!): Tea. Sweatpants. Face mask. Popcorn (which I eat with a spoon, because I don't like it when my fingers get all popcorn-y). Hair is up in a bun that is actually just slowly sliding down the side of my head. Attractive? Thank you, I know. That's what I was going for.

The First: Used Up by Logan Mize


So this guy! I had heard State of Your Heart a few years ago, and Can't Get Away From A Good Time earlier this year (great workout song, let me tell you) but never really paid him much attention or ever featured those songs. But this week the YouTube Autoplay function wanted to do something about that, apparently, and led me to this song. It's a gem. As is basically all of his current EP, "Pawn Shop Guitar".
Now, can we please discuss his foolishness around 0:45 of this video?! A vehicle compactor seems like a very dangerous place to lean, even if it is supposedly turned off. I've clearly been scarred by all those work safety videos I was made to watch in grade 9. Did you have to watch these? The ones when someone would be slicing salami at a deli without the safety guard and lose their thumb? Or someone else would brilliantly decide to kick a log that was stuck in a wood chipper to unclog it and lose their leg? Or maybe someone was leaning on a vehicle compactor and got compacted?? BE CAREFUL, LOGAN! I wish for you to make more music and you can't do that if you continue to live your life so recklessly.
PS Does this video also remind anyone else of that horrifying scene from The Brave Little Toaster? That junkyard gave me nightmares for years. Years. (What I'm trying to say is that I still have Brave Little Toaster nightmares.)


The Second: Steal Me Away by Olivia Lane


Good tempo, mature voice, clever lyrics: "come in like a thief, I'll leave my heart unlocked and steal me away." The makings of a good song, if you ask me.


The Third and Final: Die A Happy Man by Thomas Rhett


Look at this guy slowing things down a little bit. I like it, Thomas. I'm a fan. Now, can you guess what I'm not a fan of? Yep, the video. Shocking. But I feel it is for legitimate reasons.
Exhibit A) There is a lyric in the song that goes, "I don't need no vacation, no fancy destination..." Mhmm... and yet this video is seemingly set in Hawaii/a similarly tropical destination. Interesting.
Exhibit B) Someone decided to ride majestic horses on the beach at sunset. So... who even knows how these choices are made but they are all very poor ones.
The song is great though. Real cute.

Enjoy your weekend! I'm technically already enjoying mine because I'm off today. Don't be jealous: the only difference between me and you is approximately eight hours and a pair of sweat pants. You'll get there.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment