January 22, 2016

I Am My Own Downfall

I was really excited to share that this post (surprisingly) featured all new artists! But then I was reminded that I featured Maren Morris a little over a month ago and realized that I am the cause of my own downfall. Does that sound super dramatic? If it does, then you clearly have never met me in person. Dramatic is my neutral. (I blame my friend Lawrence, who has a really charming habit of turning all incidents equal to burnt toast into forest fires).


The First: Little Bit Of You by Chase Bryant


So... I'm not entirely convinced that I haven't shared this song in the past, but I combed through the archives and couldn't find it? So I think we're safe? Apologies if this does turn out to be a repeat; I'm only human (spoiler alert, I know). Enjoyyyy!


The Second: My Church by Maren Morris


I think I just love the soulful beat of this song. It's great to sing along to, of course while driving (as you know by know I do oh-so-often). I linked a live version, because you know how much I love it.


The Third and Final: Hypnotizing by Hayden Panettiere in Nashville


Back when I regularly watched Nashville (I don't know what happens around the end of season 2...), I heard this song and fell in love with it. This week when I was searching for music to feature I stumbled back across it and figured, why not?! What I really loved about this song is that it's upbeat and also how the end of each stanza goes in a direction that you don't really expect. Like, the way that she falls into "but those sweet blue eyes" is just so wonderful. I need someone to teach me how to play this on the guitar ASAP.


I hope you all have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend (< note the intentional alliteration. You're welcome.) I'm spending mine catching up on a few weeks worth of sleep. #soexcited

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment