April 1, 2016

This Is The End.

Dear wonderful humans who take the time to read this each week: I have some potentially sad news.

I've enjoyed several years of listening to/hunting down fun country music and gathering it all together in a neat little package for each of you to enjoy as you kick off your weekends. But like all good things, CMF is coming to an end.*

I hope you enjoy this week's selections as it will likely be the last of 'em. :'[


The First: Sleep Without You by Brett Young


Ummm, but seriously... is he just a genetically modified Brett Eldridge/Chris Young hybrid? With maybe a little bit of rogue Hunter Hayes mixed in during the chorus? Because between that voice and his name, I really think he just might be. And if so, I would just like to say, "Well done, Science. Well. Done."


The Second: It Don't Hurt Like It Used To by Billy Currington


Am I currently going through a break-up? Defs not. Am I super into this song anyways? Defs yes. I blame that catchy chorus and all the times he intermittently yells "hey!" throughout the lyrics. It makes it extra fun to sing along to. And you know me and my love for sing-alongs.

Just because we can, let's take a moment to remember a young Billy Currington and his street runway strutting ways.


The Third and Final: American Country Love Song by Jake Owen


Right off the bat I'll tell you that I don't love the talking/rapping(?) start to these verses, but I still keep hitting repeat on this one. More than anything I think it's because this song makes me think of summer nights and, after the outrageous weather we've been spoiled with this past week, I can't explain to you just. how. EXCITED!!! I am for this summer. Woop woop! Hope this song has you daydreaming of warm summer nights too.


*APRIL FOOLS! CMF is probably never ending. At least not for a long while. Definitely not today.
Apologies to those of you who were maybe actually excited about this news? Awkward.

Have a great weekend - please get out and enjoy what's left of this sunshine!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment