May 10, 2013

Lists and whatnot

Time to celebrate – it’s Friday, CMFers!

I feel like all the songs that I’ve been loving lately have involved some sort of list-making. What I mean by this is that a large portion of the song lyrics are comprised of the artist listing off all the wonderful things about their love interest. Or all the things about themselves that their love interest makes better. In some cases the love interests are people. In other cases they are a time of year. Or a country. Did I lose you on that last one? That’s okay. You’ll see what I mean soon enough.

The First: Friday Night by Lady Antebellum or Eric Paslay



I. Love. This. Song. I can’t even... ah. So good. So good, in fact, that I have found not one but two great versions of it. Two! If that’s not a marker of greatness, I don’t know what is.


The Second: Ten Time Crazier by Blake Shelton


So adorable. Every girl wants a guy to say that he’s crazy about her. But then Blake Shelton goes ahead and literally surpasses all men on the planet by saying he’s not just crazy about Miranda (we can assume that she’s the one he’s singing about. I always just do.) but he’s ten times crazier about her. Ten times! Imagine winning the lottery and being all “guys! I just won a million dollars!” and then Blake Shelton walks in and goes, “that’s nothing. I just won ten million dollars. I’m buying ya’ll your own unicorn.” That would hurt a little bit, don’t you think? You may say to me, “It’s okay, the good news is that I still have a million dollars to comfort me.” Well guess what, money isn’t everything. Way to be materialistic. So what have we learned today, boys? The lesson is that you should tell that special person in your life that you are eleven times crazier about them than anything else on the planet and just blow Blake Shelton out of the running for Most Romantic Cowboy. You’re welcome. 


The Third: Point at You by Justin Moore


The song that puts a giant, stupid smile on my face whenever it comes on my radio dial. It’s just so happy and sweet and wonderful. 


The Fourth and Final: Stronger Beer  by Tim Hicks


I know, I know. I usually limit CMF to three songs but I just couldn’t do that this week. I just couldn’t, people! And when you hear this song, you’ll know why. It’s too good/ridiculous to pass up. And it would be quite impolite to leave it out of my Lists Roundup, and that’s just not very Canadian, eh? So here you go. A bonus song this week! Woohoo!!! Okay, calm down. Save that energy for your big Friday night plans. Mine include making popcorn, cleaning my house and – hold on to your hats ‘cuz it’s about to get crazy - watching tv. So, yeah. I’m saving my energy.


Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment