June 5, 2015

Summer Playlist

It’s Friday! Celebrate!!

Apparently the theme for this week is “songs that will be played on repeat this summer” because this selection is just begging for you to do that.


The First: Cheap Seats by Dallas Smith

   
Dear Dallas Smith,
COULD YOU PLEASE STOP?! It is unreasonable for you to consistently produce number one singles. It’s really not fair to any of the other people in your industry. Have you never heard the term “sharing is caring”? Clearly you have not since you continue to hog all the talent and not give anyone else a chance. Is it that you are physically incapable of writing bad songs? I suggest you challenge yourself a little and just try it. Just to see if you can do something different for a change, because this has gotten ridiculous.
(PS This wonderful human is from Langley. PPS Let’s not forget this gem from CMFs past: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cfyLXdHKM)


The Second: Raised On It by Sam Hunt


An oldie* but a goodie that I’m just realizing has never been featured, so here you go! Favourite line: “Breakin’ hearts and curfews” Probably because I haven’t done either of those things. Dreams, my friends. Big dreams.


The Third and Final: Smack Dab by Chasin’ Crazy


Let’s just get the video rant out of the way: This lyric video would be fine if it weren’t for the weird silhouette overlay they’ve chosen to “artistically” add in at various points throughout the song. Sigh. Why do people do these things? I wish I knew.
Moving on, these humans will be playing at Sunfest this summer (I WISH I were going) and I think they would be fun to watch live. Who knew you were allowed to have all five band members sing the majority of a song together and not need to incorporate choreographed group dancing? I did not. But I like it. Here’s another part of this song I like (that I just presume my friend David will not): “Hella high gurl, hella hella high gurl” at 1:15-1:18. Purely for the ridiculousness factor. And that it’s really fun to sing along with. Anywho, best of luck getting this song out of your head.


*Age is relative here since we’re calling a song that came out two years ago “old”.


Thanks for listening!

Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment