June 10, 2016

Be an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron.

If I cut to the chase, this title was really just a not so round about way for me to share with you my secret love of transformers, the movie. Opinions of Shia Lebeouf aside, that first movie had me gasping for air at times because I was laughing so hard. Was it supposed to be as funny as it was? Probs not. Did I buy it on DVD anyways? You bet your bottom dollar I did, Annie. (PS the Tony's are this Sunday.)

Moving along, this week's selection has a little splash of optimism for you, because why the heck not?

The First: Lawn Chair Lazy by James Barker Band


Fingers crossed for a little bit of this over the weekend! Just kidding. It's gonna be real rainy. So it will probably turn into something more akin to couch time lazy which, sadly, has much less of a ring to it. Does anyone else feel like that guitar slide in this tune is very Dierks Bentley circa Drunk on a Plane? Because it is. It really, really is.


The Second: Old Boots, New Dirt by Jason Aldean


When was the last time we heard from Jason on here? A while ago, that's for sure. I stumbled upon this song (that came out a while ago) recently and love it! I think I can get on board with this whole whole Optimistic Country sub-genre. Especially since the entire reason CMF started was in an attempt to convince a colleague that Country wasn't "the most depressing genre of music."


The Third and Final: The Shape I'm In by Joe Nichols


I have so much love for this song. I love the message and the story and that it's just plain wonderfully uplifting. Because everyone can use a glass-half-full perspective at the end of a long week or some trying times. Right? Right.

Hope that was a nice way for all y'all to enter the weekend! And in the spirit of optimism, I'm going to spend my likely rain-driven couch time this weekend thinking about how wonderful it is that all the places that need rain are maybe gonna get some tomorrow. #optimistprimeftw

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment