August 18, 2017

Breaking My Own Rules

Look! I did it! We did it! A CMF is actually happening this week and we've all made it to Friday. Congratulations to all of us.

But mostly congratulations to me.


The First: For The First Time by Darius Rucker


YASSS Hootie! It's live. It's on top of a tower. It's so good you'll start shoulder dancing and head bobbing and foot stomping by the one minute mark at the latest. This is a great end of summer Friday night dancing barefoot in your living room while wearing workout clothes even though you already know you're defs not going to be working out that day (ha!) because you've already cracked open a bottle of wine kind of song. You know? I know you know. 


The Second: Hallelujah covered by Brett Young


Ugh. You know. I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's really unfair that this guy has all that talent and also has that face. This happens to be one of my favourite songs to sing and my friends and I love it so much that we refer to it as one of our "standards" during our Sunday night jam sessions. I like Brett's slow and steady take on it but unfortunately he does come in second place to my all-time favourite cover of this song. Not even Brett Young can quite measure up to the experience that is J Star Valentine.


The Third and Final: Sixteen by Thomas Rhett


So, shout out to Thomas Rhett because his new album is good. Like, really, really good. I was this close to not featuring this song today because he already got his fill of the spotlight last Friday but... I just had this song stuck in my head all day and so I'm breaking my own rules and sharing him twice in a row (which never happens unless your name is Zac Brown SO YOU BETTER BE PAYING ATTENTION, THOMAS).


So what are you up to this weekend? Soaking in the last few beach days of summer? Going on an adventure? Hanging out with friends? Tell me all about it! I need to live vicariously through all of you instead of working which is what I'll be up to. But then I think I'm going to go hang out by a pool afterwards so that's something.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment