May 8, 2015

It's Country Music Friday, once again!

Hello from the end of a very exciting week! I started my new job on Monday and let me tell you, it has been awesome so far and I’m eager to start diving into my projects! But we’re not here to talk about me, we’re here to talk about country music.

This week I had my CMF selections all picked out but was shocked and disappointed (An overreaction? Perhaps.) to find that one of the songs isn’t on Youtube yet. GASP. So I’m saving those selections for next week with the hopes that there will at least be some sort of lyric video released so that I can share it with all of you wonderful people!

So instead here is a completely random selection of songs with no rhyme or reason other than that they’re all great. 

Warning: All the music videos this week are awful. You are excused from watching them.

The First: Young and Crazy by Frankie Ballard


Poor Frankie doesn’t know that if I wrote this song it would be about how I would be telling my grandbabies that wild Saturday nights for me in my youth (because apparently I think I’m old now?) meant separating my laundry into not just lights and darks but five subcategories and watching Trading Spaces on TLC. Boy, those were the days. On second thought, it’s probably good that Frankie doesn’t know any of that.


The Second: Lie a Little Better by Lucy Hale


Remember 13 year old Lucy? (More than anything, I just remember really wanting her high-heeled sneakers and also wondering if I could convince my mom to first let me buy them and then let me wear them to school… I decided the answer would probably be “no” to both of those items, but I never stopped dreaming about them.) She’s 25 now and still singing strong.


The Third and Final: Wrapped Around by Brad Paisley


This was the inspiration for Beyoncé’s Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), in case you didn’t know… Additionally, please know that Microsoft Word just prompted me to correct “Beyonce” to “Beyoncé”. Clearly this woman is as amazing as everyone says she is if she now has power over the dictionary. Brad Paisley is great too.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment