October 30, 2015

No Name Post

Helllllloooooo.

Welcome to the I-don't-know-what-number of CMF iterations. Lovely to have you here. So glad you could make it.

You know how sometimes you see a road titled "No Name Road" or there's that grocery brand called "No Name Brand"? And do you ever think to yourself, "That's kind a witty - they couldn't think of a name, but then their lack of name became their name!? And you think about how it was a super smart idea? Well that's what I've done here. Because my brain is exhausted. And also because I'm super smart.


The First: Even If It Breaks Your Heart by Eli Young Band


Just throwing it way back (even though it's not Thursday) to this song that I forgot about. When it first came out I tried to learn it on guitar and failed miserably, despite the efforts of my ever patient guitar-playing father to teach me. So perhaps subconsciously I stopped listening to it out of fear of being reminded of that experience. But then it came on the other day and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. And what do I do with things that get stuck in my head? I lovingly pass them along to all of you on Fridays.


The Second: Running for You by Kip Moore


I thought I would share with you the entire monologue that happened in my brain when I first heard this song on the radio a few days ago. Allow me to set the scene: Monday morning. Let's say it was approximately 8:49am. I'm in my car, driving to work. Still a little sleepy because I thought tea would suffice on what was clearly a coffee morning. The song starts to play...
"Is this Johnny Reid? It sounds like it might be Johnny Reid... How in the world did Johnny Reid manage to come out with a song that I am actually kind of super into? This can't be JR... can it? Either way, I'm loving this song. Way to redeem yourself after years of (in my opinion) subpar music, Johnny!!"
Parked my car, and because my curiosity got the best of me, I looked up the song on my walk to my office...
"Oh. Nevermind. It's Kip Moore. Yes, that makes more sense."


The Third and Final: Head Over Boots by Jon Pardi


I've been head over boots for Jon Pardi's music lately, so here I am to shamelessly share yet one more with you. I'm fully aware it's because of his intense twang.
One thing I am not a fan of: the questionable CGI animations throughout this video (for example, why a tiny hat? Why is the tiny hat only twice as big as the abandoned playing cards? That seems highly inaccurate.).
One thing I am a big fan of: "You're the rock in my roll. You're good for my soul, it's true. I'm head over boots for youuuu."


So I don't personally celebrate Halloween (mostly because I dislike dressing up in costume) but I do wish a happy and safe evening to all of you who do! I will likely be at home watching Gilmore Girls and eating halloween candy I pretend to buy for trick or treaters to save face with the cashier in Safeway, even though we both fully know that that box of 94 chocolate bars will just be for me.

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment