October 23, 2015

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Dreams

I am currently being a lazy bones on my couch eating a peanut butter cup or two (okay actually three, if we're being honest), drinking a peppermint tea blend called "Christmas Eve" (which I drink 12 months out of the year because it's delicious,) and listening to country music (big shocker there). It's really nice be back home.

I feel it is important for you to know that I blame my extreme spike in peanut butter cup intake on the fact that you can find large quantities of individually wrapped ones in stores for Halloween and that I have an inherent need to exploit the convenience provided by this time of year. These lovely little wonders are essential to my happiness (because peanut butter and chocolate is the best flavour combination) and getting them in their current snack-sized state makes every day feel a little bit like Christmas (which makes the tea seem a little less out of place, doesn't it?).


The First: Ain't No Trucks In Texas by Ronnie Dunn


This may be a kind of sad song if you listen too closely to the lyrics, so I advise you to not do that if you are currently in the midst of some sort of lost love heartache. Personally, I'm just a big fan of Ronnie's voice and that's the reason I'm sharing. Because sharing, as we all know, is caring. (You're welcome.)


The Second: Rocket by Josh Dorr


Do I love the grainy-ness of his voice? Yes.
Do I like the melody of the chorus? Of course.
Am I super into the way he sings "rocket" like he's throwing it away? Absolutely.
I hope you do too.
And if, for some crazy reason, this song wasn't good enough for you, I strongly encourage you to listen to Save Your Breath which just might make you literally fall in love.


The Third and Final: Johnny Cash by Jason Aldean


I really don't have a reason for choosing to feature this song today other than it came on the radio yesterday and I just thought, "Why not throw some love at Jason Aldean?" (Yes, that's right. I sometimes throw love at people.) I like the run-on-sentence style of this song, which you may remember is not the first time I've been a fan of poor grammar in country music.


I wish you all a marvellous weekend full of chocolate and peanut butter! Unless you're allergic, in which case I am desperately sorry and certainly do not wish for you to have a peanut butter and chocolate-y weekend. Anaphylaxis does not seem like a good way to spend your weekend.*

*It's important for you to know that I fell asleep but continued to type here and instead wrote "anaphylaxis does not seem like it loved me" What? I don't know. It's a good thing we're at the end because my brain is clearly in need of some sleep. And probably some more Reese Cups, just for good measure.


Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment