February 12, 2016

Cool music, bro.

No, I'm not talking to my brothers. (Neither of my brothers receive CMF - apparently "they're too cool for it" or something?). I'm talking to you!

Do you find it weird that I've spontaneously adopted the term "bro" as a slang form of addressing you? Maybe, but that's what I was feeling when I looked at this week's selections. And I say: you do what feels right to you.

I also spilled red wine down my shirt prior to writing this, however, so I may not be the most reliable source for life advice. The choice is yours.


The First: Love Would Be Enough by Dean Brody


Shout out to my friend Mike who boldly declared last week that this is his favourite Dean Brody song and reminded me of it's existence. I've since not been able to get it out of my head, so of course it's found a home here. I love how fun this song is and how I can't help but bop along to it whenever it comes on.
Concerning music video moment: 2:10


The Second: From The Ground Up by Dan + Shay



So, I found this video to be... not terrible (please hold your gasps, they're super distracting). In fact, I actually found the storyline to be rather cute but not in a you're-taking-the-attention-away-from-the-music kind of way (*cough* FGL *cough*).
My only question for you is: have you ever seen hair as tall as theirs outside of Danny Zuko and the Tbirds in Grease? This is a serious question.


The Third and Final: Snapback by Old Dominion


You all already know how much I love them and that I've already declared my interest in marrying literally any of them (Valentine's Day dreams, amirite?) and so I, for one, am shocked that I've held out so long before sharing yet another one of their songs. Now, some of you will complain and tell me that there's nothing country about this song. You're entitled to your opinion and I would respond that although this song may not be, they as a group are. I would also say: did you misunderstand me when I said Valentine's Day dreams?

However you're spending your weekend, I hope it's a love-filled one! <3

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment