February 19, 2016

Trucks and other clichés

So, I've been doing this for several years now and I would say that I have worked hard to two-step sidestep or at least downplay a lot of the classic country music clichés (unless I do so ironically, which is different and allowed). You know the ones I mean: tractors, dirt roads, boots, beer, cut-off jeans, hay/fields, ballgames/caps and of course, trucks. Basically anything and everything you can find in a Luke Bryan song these days.

But today, yours truly has faltered. I know, you're asking yourself: "But how could this be?!"
It's because I'm human, folks.
Don't hate the player. Hate the cliché-ridden game.


The First: Getaway Truck by Aaron Watson


How much fun is this song?! I love that it is upbeat, kind of funky and different in its melody, and kinda funny. I can't remember how I stumbled upon Aaron Watson, but my oh my am I happy about it. Basically I'm just super into this. Even if he is made up like a rodeo clown (weird).


The Second: Too Tennessee by Chris Lane


I've been super into Chris Lane lately. Something about that southern drawl pulls me in, you know? Anyways, that's basically the only reason I'm sharing this with you today. Well, that and I like the song, which is kind of what CMF is all about.
~enjoy~


The Third and Final: By The Way by Lindsay Ell


This song is a bit more sassy and girly than my usual selections, but I was just really feeling it today. My apologies if you don't like it. But, as the internet says, I can't make everybody happy all the time. I'm not a jar of nutella.

PS I made this for you.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment