September 16, 2016

Titles Are Hard

Yesterday a friend and colleague, Erin, rudely pointed out that October is in two weeks.
Two. Weeks.
On the one hand, I'm excited because Thanksgiving is one of my favourite holidays and there are exciting things happening in October. On the other hand... WHAT?! It was just August. And there's still so much that needs to happen before October gets here.

Needless to say I internally screamed and panicked while pretending to laugh along with the rest of the room.

Thanks, Erin.
(Don't let this story ruin Erin for you. She's actually really great.)


The First: Obsessed by Dan + Shay


I will be the first to admit that this one has a blues-ier rhythm, but sometimes you need to take a breather on Fridays and what better way to do that than with a jazzy country song.
"What is a jazzy country song?" you may ask.
"Click that link," I may reply.


The Second: Tin Roof by Gord Bamford


Oh man. The intro to this song immediately took me back to lying in bed in the house I grew up in. My bedroom was on the top floor and since we lived in BC, there were rainy nights aplenty. Our tin roof was an awful green colour that the previous owner had picked out, but when the rainy nights came along I didn't even care; I was so happy we had that tin roof. Those rainy nights were my favourite because the sound of rain hitting the roof was the most soothing lullaby you can ask for. Take me back to those days, Gord.


The Third and Final: A Little More Summertime by Jason Aldean


I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I don't think Jason Aldean is all that much of a Pumpkin Spice Latte kind of guy. If I were to guess, he's probably more of a strong black coffee even in the summertime kind of guy.

Enjoy your weekend, folks! Mine mayyyy include an IKEA trip so, you know, things could get pretttttty crazy (aka I may not perfectly follow the directional arrows through the store... #rulebreaker)

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment