September 26, 2016

Artist of the Week: Bobby Wills

Bobby Wills. Canadian cowboy.

He actually has a really interesting story. He was adopted when he was a baby to a family that loved music, but had no real musical talent. He had toyed around with learning guitar, but it wasn't until he was older and met his biological family that he learned that musical genius was in his blood. From there he started practicing and playing more and more which, of course, eventually led to a record deal. You can read more about it on his website. Pretty neat if you ask me.

It's not yet available on Youtube, but the title song on his current EP, Tougher Than Love, is great. I wish I could have featured it today but, alas, it will just need to be kept for a Friday post once it's released.

The First: Show Some Respect


Oh man. I love this song, this message, and this music video. Reminds you to keep things in perspective and, most importantly, recognize and appreciate the people and things that have come before you.


The Second: Somebody Will


Mostly I just like this song because it's a really sweet story about a father-daughter relationship. Also my love for music videos that feature dance numbers is satisfied with this one. Oh, also, the song is great.


The Third and Final: Crazy Enough


Don't know why, but this song often comes on during my morning commute and I (of course) belt it out. My favourite part is the laugh at 3:00. Do enjoy.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment