September 2, 2016

I don't know.

I'll be honest. There's no rhyme or reason to this week's picks. Mostly because Friday kind of sneaked up on me this week. Then again it could also be because I've been listening to a weird mix of old school sing-a-longs and, what I refer to as, "music for the clubs" in an attempt to put together a pump-up playlist for the incoming first year students (who were born in 1998). Bieber and One Direction is involved. But then again, so is Stevie Wonder and Hall & Oates... so, all hope is not lost my friends.


The First: Grace and Grit by Meghan Patrick


I know I just featured a Meghan Patrick song a few weeks back, but I had so much fun singing this one (yes, in the car, of course) the other day that I figured I'd just share it. It helps when you make up the rules for your own blog, I suppose.


The Second: Out Of The Blue by Aaron Pritchett


Okay I have thoughts.
First off, add this one to the list of new age caribbean-inspired/Zac Brown Band-esque country songs. And I'm into it.
Secondly, Aaron. What are you doing. Fix your hat. Take off your sunglasses. Maybe do up a button or two. You're just a popped collar away from looking like an obnoxious 21-year-old dude who's still trying to ride the wave of being the popular guy in high school. You're better than that. Also please tell your friends to stop gawking like creeps.
Love the song though.


The Third and Final: Missing by William Michael Morgan


He's a crooner with a great Josh Turner-esque twang and earnestly wears a cowboy hat. So I think you'll like him as much as I do. His current single is actually Vinyl, which is also great but then I stumbled upon this gem and couldn't tear myself away.

I hope you all have a wonderful Labour Day long-weekend! I get to spend mine with some really cool student leaders getting ready for the kick-off to another school year. Because apparently it's September and there are beautiful leaves on the ground and I'm excited but also ohmygoodness where the heck did all the summer go!?

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment