October 14, 2016

Jealous of a Five-Year-Old

Remember last week when I was super excited to see my niece and nephew (aka the littles)? Yeah, that was great until my niece rudely gave me her cold which has left me hopped up on cold meds for the past few days. She's now cold-less and on a beach somewhere in Hawaii. And I'm stuck in rainy Vancouver being jealous of a five-year-old. All that to say, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!


The First: Sun Sets Down by Chris Buck Band


This one was just too fun not to share! It makes me want to get up and dance. But I don't currently have the lung capacity to do that so instead I just get to sit on my couch and shake my shoulders along with the music. It's basically the same thing. Just like how Coca-cola and Pepsi are basically the same thing. (They're not the same at all don't fall for those lies Pepsi is awful.)


The Second: Dirty Laundry by Carrie Underwood


We got some new stuff, folks! This song feels very Miranda Lambert to me - especially the chorus - and I'm into it. Let's talk about the obvious weirdness though: Umm... the lion. And the horse, and the burning shoe and the peacock and the buck... What's happening here, Carrie? Did you film this video at a zoo or did a circus crash your set?

Also, and probably more importantly, what are you doing wearing a pair of suspenders backwards? I would maybe even be okay with it if they weren't slightly off center the entire time but they are and my brain is super irritated about it.


The Third and Final: Midnight Train covered by The Washboard Union


Covers! Camper vans! Collaborative harmonies! Did I try too hard for alliteration back there? Perhaps. But that's not what's important right now. What's important right now is that you listen to this beauty of a song and then start figuring out your Valentine's Day plans immediately because (*spoiler alert*) you're about to fall in LOVE.

I plan to spend this rainy weekend watching the Jay's, baking apple pie, and ideally finishing off the novel I've been working on for far too many weeks now. Hope you've got some great rainy day plans yourself!


Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment