October 28, 2016

Slightly Overwhelmed

Friends. I'm slightly overwhelmed by all the new awesome music that's been released over the last month. What is a country music lover to do with themselves!?? Well I'll tell you what I've been doing: saturating myself in it whenever I get a chance.

It's either that or re-watching the new Gilmore Girls trailer for the hundredth time, which truthfully overwhelms me more than really great new music so I've been choosing the former over the latter because it's probably less strain on my heart.


The First: Star of the Show by Thomas Rhett


FIRST OFF: how did I miss this song earlier in the month?? Apologies for my oversight, friends. Anyways, I heard this for the first time over the weekend and I can tell you that my immediate reaction was something along the lines of, "Yes. I love this. I love it so much already. This is so good!" That reaction is still true today, several days and tens of listens later. I particularly love the acoustic groove at the beginning. It's good for head bobbing and living room dancing.

Side note: Don't we think that Thomas Rhett can afford to buy shirts without holes in them given his recent success? Especially for his album cover shoot? Who knows... maybe giant moths attacked his wardrobe the night before his photoshoot or something.


The Second: Ain't Always Pretty by Logan Mize


Something about this song and things not always being perfect or easy is just really hitting the right chord with me. We get it wrong, we get it right... it ain't easy but it ain't too hard.

Also, yes. I am embarrassed that this is the first Logan Mize song I've featured in over a year.


The Third and Final: Better Man by Little Big Town


The incomparable LBT! They've done it again! My money is on this making the top five at some point for sure. Is it kind of heartbreaking? Yes. Is it kind of really beautiful irregardless? You betcha.


If you're celebrating, I hope you have a fun and safe Halloween weekend! If you're not, I hope you still have a fun and safe weekend.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment