January 27, 2017

#Hashtag

I guess three hashtags probably isn't a personal best for me, but I still felt very hashtag-y when writing this. Plus you know how awful I am with titles. #SendMeYourTitles? (Ooh... make that *four hashtags)

So there you go. Sorry I'm not more creative or interesting, but at least let me try to make it up to you with this week's fine selection:

The First: Porch Swing Angel by Muscadine Bloodline


Smooth sound. Harsh twang. Sickly sweet romantic things. Front porches.
All things I thoroughly enjoy in a country song. And also things I enjoy in my RomComs, which is probably why I love Sweet Home Alabama so much.

If you're into these boys, might I also recommend Southern Boy Cure? #bonussong


The Second: Who I Am by Jessica Andrews


#FlashbackFriday because why not. This may have been the first country song that I was ever obsessed with. We're talking hitting repeat on Windows media player, looking up the lyrics on my Dell desktop computer (because this was before the days of the Youtube and the early days of being able to even look up lyrics on the interwebs #HowOldAmI) and then, of course, recording myself singing this song very dramatically and gutturally into a tape recorder so that I could hear what a ~beautiful~ voice I had...

Newsflash: It wasn't as ~beautiful~ in the playback as it had sounded in my head.


The Third and Final: Thank God I'm A Country Boy covered by Home Free


An a capella John Denver cover? Um, yes please.
A hilarious music video?? You know me well.
Plaid??? I mean, if I wasn't already on board with those first two, this would seal the deal.

I'll be spending my weekend hopefully hunting down a new crockpot (my last one has sadly seen the last of its days), trying out some new recipes, and sifting through the hundred or so hours of childhood home videos that my father has digitized. It's my job to edit them all down to watch-able clips. Wish me luck. Hope your weekend is an excellent one!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment