February 3, 2017

Happy Anniversary to Us!

So apparently I've been doing this for FOUR years.
What?!? 
My goodness.
Why are you all still here?

I kid, of course. Thanks for sticking around for so long and appeasing this little accidental project of mine. Thanks for putting up with my weekly rants and attempts at humour, for the kind notes, for the uproar when I said I'd no longer be CMFing last April Fool's Day, and for all of you non-country listeners who have excitedly told me stories about when you've been able to "impress" others with your country music knowledge. I appreciate you.

If you're curious about what CMF was like four years ago, here you go...


The First: Girl Crush covered by Lauren Alaina


So this lady's got a new single called Queen of Hearts out right meow, but sadly it has yet to make its way onto the Youtube. So instead I decided to feature her in another way because I do think she has a beautiful voice that needs to be shared. I mean, did you hear that high note at 3:14?? What a beaut. Plus we all know my love for all things Little Big Town, but they don't currently have anything new out soooo whatcha gonna do.*

*You gonna feature some covers.


The Second: My Old Man by Zac Brown Band


New album! New album! What a thoughtful anniversary gift, Zac. This is too much. You really shouldn't have... but since I wouldn't want to deprive the world of your incredible musical creations, I'll allow it. Also, a shout out to my old man who texts/emails me to tell me how funny I am every week. He's the one you can thank/blame for my sense of humour and also my obnoxiously large ego.


The Third and Final: Boomerang by Ward Thomas


Just discovered these ladies and it looks like they've released a few pretty decent singles in the past year. Maybe this means that perhaps the ladies of country are coming out of the hibernation they told no one about? Maybe?? I'm taking it as a sign and am very excited. This song's fun, has some subtle clapping (immediate win in my books, as y'all know) and is quite catchy. Like, you listen to it more than once and it's got some serious It's a Small World After All levels of catchiness. Listen at your own risk, I guess.

According to the internet, the traditional gift for a 4th anniversary is fruit or flowers. Since I know you're obviously going to ask, let me just tell you: my favourites are mangos and freesias. They can be sent to either my home or work address. Up to you to decide whether or not I'm joking...

As always, thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment