March 10, 2017

Daylight Savings and Ice Showers

My apartment had no hot water this morning. So I took an ice water shower. Pretty sure I didn't get out all the shampoo/conditioner. Needless to say, that was a simply lovely (and startling) start to my day. I hope the end of your week is off to a slightly warmer start.

The First: If You Left It Up To Me by RaeLynn



A) Love her natural twang. B) She's been around the country music scene since appearing on The Voice (I think??) and although I have enjoyed her stuff, I haven't loved her stuff. But this one I love. C) Love her outfit. I wish I could pull it off/I wish it was an appropriate thing to wear to work.


The Second: Fast by Luke Bryan


It's been a while since I've really loved a Luke Bryan song. But that time has come and could not have come faster (ha! Get it??). Super into this one. The chorus is great and catchy. It's not bro country. BUT it's still Luke Bryan.

Also, this happened and we need to talk about it because it's just so close to my dream of having all the Brett's and all the Young's together!


The Third and Final: When A Mama's Boy Meets A Daddy's Girl by Aaron Pritchett


Well this is just straight up sweet. And I do love Aaron Pritchett so it's a great combo. Plus the line "it's the promise of forever so I can kiss you all the time" reminds me of Sweet Home, Alabama which is my favourite Reese Witherspoon romcom (FYI). Also I'm like 88% confident that the guy who plays the new father who runs into the hospital room at the end of the video was on my softball team two years ago. Maybe even closer to 94%. Roughly.

Finally, a major shout out to Aaron for challenging those gender stereotypes. Thank you, Mr. Pritchett.

After the very full weekend that was last weekend's bachelorette festivities I plan to take this weekend to do nothing but laze around and do (you guessed it) do nothing. I can't wait. Hope you've got much more exciting or equally relaxing things planned for your Daylight Savings Sunday.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment