March 4, 2016

Thanks, yo.

I think there are three things I can really count on each week when I sit down to write CMF.

First off, coming up with a title is legitimately half the battle. It also happens to take half the time. And the sad, pathetic reality is that they're never any good (as you all well know).

The second is that a minimum of one of the music videos will inevitably make me roll my eyes into the back of my head so hard that I sometimes get nervous they'll get stuck like that.

The third is that, despite these two minor annoyances, writing CMF and searching for new music is always something I look forward to doing. So mostly I just wanted to say thanks for reading. Because otherwise I'd just be rounding up country music and sending it to myself... which would likely be considered weird.

And we all know I don't need any additional help in the weird department.


The First: I Know Somebody by LoCash


Spoiler alert: that "somebody" he's singing about mayyy be himself. What a sneak, hey?


The Second: Somewhere On A Beach by Dierks Bentley


I'm not entirely sure what it is with Dierks always getting on planes and flying off to beaches as a form of breakup revenge, but apparently it's his M.O. All that said, I like this song. Unrelated: anyone else have the overwhelming urge to go on vacation now?


The Third and Final: Bow Chicka Wow Wow by Meghan Patrick


Mostly including this one because I think it's a little ridiculous in a humourous kind of way. I am also entirely aware that I think the two reasons I love this song are:
1) That twang (and from Ontario of all places).
2) Those glorious older women who are really just living it up in the video.

I wish you all an excellent weekend! I have the pleasure of celebrating two dear friends at their engagement dinner tomorrow night and am very excited.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment