March 18, 2016

Car rides and new music.

So, I spent way too much time in my car last weekend, which I usually hate. The one redeeming thing about it was that the radio DJ's song selection was on point and I actually heard a few new ones I didn't know about. So this week I'm sharing the product of my driving time with all of you.

My pain is your gain.


The First: Livin' The Dream by Drake White


Umm, who is Drake White and where has he been hiding? Great question. You may remember him from It Feels Good last year, a song that never fails to leave me wanting to jump on a Mississippi-bound plane and enjoy a crawfish boil.


The Second: Huntin', Fishin', Lovin' Everyday by Luke Bryan


Soooo I'm pretty sure that (beyond his cameo appearance in my Christmas music top ten last year) this is Luke's first CMF feature. Congratulations, Luke! Since he's one of the fathers of "Bro Country" I rarely hear a new Luke Bryan song and think "Yesss. I love this." It's just not really my jam. But right from the beginning of this song, I knew it was going to be different and that I loved it. In fact, I exclaimed "WHAT?! What is this?! Is this LUKE?!" when it first came on. I was alone in my car.

Totally unrelated thing to know about me: I am very animated and loud when I'm alone in my car. Sometimes other drivers give me weird looks. But the judgement of people I will likely never again cross paths with is a really small price to pay.


The Third and Final: Found by Dan Davidson


I love this. Love. It. You know why? You can clap along to it which, if you've been around for any amount of time, you know is a marker of a great song in my books.


I'm feeling generous this week and I also somehow went from no new music a few weeks ago to too many songs to share this week, so here is some country a capella for your sunny Friday: Ring of Fire covered by Home Free.

I anticipate you'll all have a great weekend since you now have this glorious infusion of new country music to enjoy. You're so welcome.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment