March 11, 2016

The times they are a-changin'

Sorry if you thought there was going to be a Bob Dylan song in here. There isn't. I realize that title might have been a little bit misleading. Whoops.

The real topic of conversation here is that this weekend is Daylight Savings Time. I am sorry if this is the first you're hearing of it, but I'm just the messenger.

This is awful news. Yes, I do like leaving work without a veil of darkness clinging to everything. But I think I like sleep more. "But Karla, it's just an hour!" Yes, you are correct. But time changes do weird things to me. One time I went to Ontario for a week and when I returned back to Vancouver with that pathetic three hour time change, it took me two full weeks to recover. Two. Full. Weeks until I no longer felt like a walking zombie. Ridiculous? Absolutely. True? You better believe.

On top of that, did you know there is a marked increase in the incidents of car crashes and workplace injuries the week following spring DST?

All I'm saying is: stay safe, get some sleep, and if I'm acting weird next week, please be kind.


The First: Dirt Road In 'Em by Aaron Pritchett


Love it. Love it. Love it. Also so great that we're getting some new stuff from Mr. Pritchett - I think it's been almost two years! Favourite lyric? Pass the fried chicken. I don't even eat meat, but I still think this is hilarious. And I think he does too because he kind of laugh/sings it at the end there.


The Second: Whatcha Wanna Do About It by Madeline Merlo



Always a fan of this local lady and this song is no exception. She's got an ear for picking fun sing-along-y songs and the voice to sing them. The music video for this song is generally weird, but can we talk about that house with all the windows and the view?! Because I would not say no if someone offered it to me. In fact, I think if we were to blend this house with the cozy living room from Sundy Best's Until I Met You video (still one of my favourite songs, bee tee dubs), I think we would have my perfect living situation.


The Third and Final: Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw


Just some great life advice from Timmy on this fine Friday morning. Bitterness keeps you from flying is such a good line. It also always reminds me of dear old Coco O'Brien.


Have a good weekend, y'all! I think you can guess what I'll be doing.
(Just like a hibernating bear, I'll be sleeping in preparation for springtime).

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment