May 22, 2015

It's a great one this week.

Happy Country Music Friday again! Already!

I am so excited for this week’s selections I don’t even have time for any sort of witty or charming (?) introduction. We’re just diving right in, folks!

The First: Until I Met You by Sundy Best

 

I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO STOP LISTENING TO THIS SONG ALL WEEK. Sorry for yelling, but it is true and I cannot stop. It’s just so stinking great. Why? I will tell you why (because that’s kind of the point here): First off and potentially the biggest thing to happen to CMF ever: the music video is actually good! It’s just cute, and fun, and doesn’t try too hard, and doesn’t have a seven minute long introduction where music isn’t happening, and I want to live in their home because it’s so perfectly decorated. Further, the song is so great and equally cute. And these boys? Where did they come from? A guy on guitar/vocals and a longhaired percussionist? Love it. I hadn’t heard of them until last week, but let me tell you, their other stuff is also good. Go ahead. Fall in love. (I already have with the bearded brunette man, in case you were wondering).


The Second: Thinking Out Loud cover by Dylan Scott


I love the original of this song already (thanks, Ed Sheeran). If you know me, you know that I genuinely am not one of those people who think about what my wedding might look like one day, but I can actually guarantee you that this song will have some sort of place in it. SO. You know that the moment I found this country cover of the song I was immediately hooked. For example, let’s just talk about how GREAT it gets at 3:15. I can’t handle it. The club can’t handle it. It’s just that out of control great. Further, his voice is so deep! Can we just get Dylan Scott, Chris Young, and Josh Turner in a room together, please? Because that would be some kind of deep-voiced country heaven. 


The Third and Final: Don’t Tell Me by Joel Crouse


After all the falling in love that you just did with those first two songs, here’s something a little lighter, a little more fun. So just enjoy it, like an after dinner mint ushering you into the weekend.



Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment