February 17, 2017

Catnapping 101

I hope you all had a happy Family Day on Monday and enjoyed your shortened workweek!

If you didn't have a Family Day well... then... I don't know. Maybe you should move to BC? It's beautiful here, just like it says on our license plates. If you aren't interested in a massive life upheaval, then I'll just say that I hope you had a nice, normally-lengthed weekend/week. Either way, it's Friday now so let's just put aside our stat holiday differences and celebrate anyway. K? K.

The First: We Should Be Friends by Miranda Lambert


I won't lie, I have mixed feelings about Miranda's new album but I definitely have a few favourite songs on it, nonetheless, and this is one of them. So yay for a new music video where I almost thought she was going platinum again (literally), but then didn't.


The Second: Darling, Let's Go Out Tonight by JJ Shiplett


Super into the grainy-ness of JJ (so mysterious - what do all the J's stand for??) Shiplett's voice. I mean, do I kind of feel like he needs to clear his throat a few times? Yes. But that's what makes him enticing and like maybe we're all on the edge of hearing his voice disintegrate into a major coughing fit, which is about as close as I get to living my life on the edge of anything. So thanks for challenging my comfort zone, JJ. If that is your real name...


The Third and Final: These Old Boots Have Roots by Aaron Watson


Yes, the title is a little counterintuitive, but the song is fun in typical Aaron Watson fashion. So just go ahead and hit play. You can send your thank you cards later, I'll wait.

No real plans on my end for this weekend after the social butterfly I pretended to be last week, but I hope y'all do something fun. PS The kittens were adorable and I am currently plotting my "accidental" catnapping of the tinier one (Samson). My brother and his partner don't read CMF so it's cool. They'll never know it was me. Especially since I definitely didn't already try to leave their apartment with him.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment