February 24, 2017

No Good Reason

I'm excited for this week's selections for honestly no good reason other than I just think they're fun. But then again, the idea of cat wine appeals to me for the same reason, so maybe tired Karla isn't the best person to be taking advice from.

To be determined. I guess you'll just have to listen to find out.

Stone Cold Killers by Dallas Smith


I can only stay away from featuring this talented gem for so long. And it's been months since we've had a decent listen to Dallas Smith around here, so it's about that time. This is an oldie but a goodie that I've just rediscovered and figured I might as well share with all of you Dallas Smith lovers too! I just assume you all love him as much as I do because literally how could you not.


Missing You covered by Kira Isabella


I'm a big fan of the original John Waite version (and the perfectly 80's music video, tbh), so obviously this cover by a country artist caught my eye. I was tentative at first, but can gladly say that I was pleasantly surprised. Even if her voice isn't as husky or gravely as we're used to hearing those lyrics sung.


Deep South by Josh Turner aka The Best Looking Guy in Country Music


Anyone else up for a crawfish boil after listening to this one? Sweet tea? Front porch sittin'? Well that's what I'll be up to in case you're looking for me. Fingers crossed that Josh Turner reads this, grabs his guitar and joins me too. I've always wanted my own troubadour.


I've been especially grateful for good friends and people who ground me this week and am looking forward to a weekend of sleep and very few chores (the best kind of weekend). And also, a special shout out to John who, despite being from Calgary, isn't the biggest fan of country and has to put up with my country music listening ways when he'd rather be listening to his rock 'n' roll. Oh and also because it's his birthday tomorrow (too bad//so sad if you didn't want me to tell people).

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment