June 23, 2017

Beyonce's Twins

So I gather that Beyonce gave birth to her twin children earlier this week. I hear it's a big deal for literally millions of people who have never met her. In the midst of this current pop culture event, the ever-faithful People of the Internet have been coming up with several amusing posts about it which I've definitely had a few laughs over. Ah, the internet. I hope it never ceases to be the weird and funny place it is.

Speaking of weird and funny... let's move onto CMF shall we? 😉


The First: Sway by Danielle Bradbery


This was playing the other night as I was standing in the living room brushing my teeth, as one does (I like to meander while brushing), and I very quickly realized I was slowly swaying along. And I just thought that was really nifty. Now, I don't think there's a word for this but hear me out... I feel like this song is like an onamonapia but if instead of the word mimicking the sound, the word mimics the action. Catch my drift? Long story/English lesson short: I just appreciate that this song is titled Sway and legit makes you sway. Swag.


The Second: Heartache On The Dance Floor by Jon Pardi


I still remember when I first heard Jon Pardi's quirky southern twang and becoming really confused by how much I loved it. Well, friends, nothing has changed. I still love the weirdness of it and he keeps making music so that means you're going to continue to hear from him and that's just the way things are for now.


The Third and Final: California by Tim McGraw ft. Big & Rich


I thought about finishing off this week's picks with a really sweet release from Dallas Smith but that'll just have to wait for another week in the interest of keeping this subtle, office-friendly dance party going with Mr. McGraw, Mr. Rich and Big Kenny. As you may have guessed, I really like the Hollywood/Beverly Hills/Sunset Boulevard wordplay. And the beat. I obviously also love the beat (this is car dance party-approved too, in case you were wondering).


Welp. This time next week I'll have wrapped things up at work in order to move into a new position and I can't quite decide how I feel about it. Bittersweet is probably the closest real person word for it, though it's not a perfect fit. Can we make Sadnostalgicnervousexcited a word? Because I really just feel like that's a better descriptor for my current state of being. Regardless of what it's called, let's all just cross our fingers that I get around to actually packing up my office before then! Eek.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment