June 9, 2017

Zero to Hero

Welllll hi. There's no real story here other than I recently re-watched on old Disney favourite - Hercules - and haven't been able to get this song out of my head. My hope is that you all click that link and get it stuck in your head too.

Sharing is caring.

And now onto the country music...

The First: Crazy About You by The Road Hammers


Nice to hear something a little more lovey dovey from these guys. Do you remember your first crush? Mine was this blonde boy named Daniel who was approximately two feet shorter than me and my only memory of ever being brave enough to talk to him was over a game of mini golf that I caused us to lose during a field trip to the PNE. Needless to say, he never brought me a dandelion bouquet.


The Second: A Long and Happy Life by Delta Rae


Allow me to introduce you to Delta Rae. They're like an older and waaay more hipster version of the original Gloriana (remember them?)... at least they are to me. The only real difference is that Delta Rae has way more members and are also unfortunately bad lip-syncers. Regardless, I wish them a much better fate than Gloriana - mostly because I'm really diggin' this song and want to hear what else they come up with.


The Third and Final: Somebody To Love by Kacey Musgraves


This lady. We haven't heard from her in a while and although this isn't a new song, it popped up on a shuffle the other day and I was reminded of how much I love the messages in her music. Apologies to those of you who thought that maybe this was a cover of a Queen song. It's not. But it's still good in its own right.

After a bit of a whirlwind week, I'm looking forward to a slightly more calm weekend. More calm with the exception of the laser tag I'll be playing on Sunday - I play to win when it comes to laser-related zero stake wars.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment