June 2, 2017

Calendars are dumb

Well, well, well. What have we here? Looks like we've made it to another Friday aka one short work day away from the weekend. Congratulations! Pat yourself on the back! What an accomplishment!
Unless you're like me and have ended up with a day off today in which case Friday probably means sleeping in. And if that's the case, I guess I would also say "congratulations!" "pat yourself on the back!" and "what an accomplishment!" because sleeping is hard work too.

The First: Something To Wrap My Heart Around by Jojo Mason


Jojo tends to have this awful habit of taking months to get his music onto the Youtube and so when I heard this song the other day I only halfheartedly typed it into the search box, truly expecting that I was in for several weeks of frustratingly fruitless searches. But guess who's apparently changed their ways?? It's Mr. Mason and we should all be thankful about it because it means we get to listen to this today.


The Second: The Way I Talk by Morgan Wallen


Man. Don't you miss the days of just casually perching yourself on a basketball net or playing softball in an empty pool? I know I sure do.


The Third and Final: At Last covered by Brooke Eden


Yes, yes, yes. I know this isn't a country song.
I kind of fell down a rabbit hole of Brooke Eden videos on Youtube and this is where I ended up. Mostly I wish I had this girl's voice because it's pretty incredible. She's just released her EP too, which hopefully means we'll be hearing from her some more over the next little while. If you're looking for more right this instant, here's a hot off the press (camera?) music video for you.


I don't know what you're up to this weekend but it's my high school reunion which is just a little startling to think about. I do not feel like it was ten years ago that I graduated high school but according to the calendar it has, in fact, been that long. But here's another fact for you: calendars are dumb.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment