July 29, 2016

Are We Sure He's Not A Robot?

Hi! Hello! Howdy!

The long weekend is (almost) here!! I know you've been waiting all week for the long weekend a new hit of country in your life so I won't bother with some involved intro and just get right into the good stuff, cool?

The First: How I'll Always Be by Tim McGraw



Tim McGraw recently released his newest single so you just know we're going to talk about it.
I really don't understand how he always picks winners. Like, I can't remember the last time he put his name on something and I was like, "Nah imma pass this time, Timmy." Exhibit A: this song is from his album, Damn Country Music and the title track on it is also a gem. A gem that's just sitting on top of a pile of other, equally sparkly gems that Tim probably just refers to as his "discography."
It's not that I want him to start putting out bad stuff (obviously)... all I'm saying is that it would be nice to get a little reassurance that he's not some sort of music savvy robot who likes extra tight tshirts, you know? Is that too much to ask?


The Second: Home Sweet Home by The Lovelocks


I learned about The Lovelocks in the very obvious location that is my dental office.
I went to a new dentist this week and it's one of those fancypants ones that have the TVs on the ceiling, ya know? Anyways, I was handed a remote and headphones and after flipping through a few channels, I settled on CMT because, as you can probably guess, I just don't get enough country music in my life as it is; I really need to squeeze it in while I'm getting my mouth prodded at.
CMT was playing the music video for their new cover of Cyndi Lauper's, Time After Time. Normally I'd say, "Please don't mess with Lauper," but their harmonies actually make it killer. So naturally I went home and found this for your listening pleasure.


The Third and Final: Save A Little Sugar by Chris Janson


Despite the name and what we typically hear from Chris Janson, this is such a sweet, mellow song. Not that I have an issue with his more ridiculous and wonderful sing-a-longs, you know I love them. I just find the contrast of this one to be a breath of fresh air - with his own unique twist, of course.

What are your long weekend plans? Are you going to go to the beach? Are you going to watch some fireworks? Are you going to spend a whole day deep cleaning and organizing your already clean and organized apartment instead of frolicking in the sunshine because that's just what brings you peace and joy? Oh... no? Just me then. Enjoy yourself, whatever you get up to!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment