July 1, 2016

Oh, Canada!

In honour of Canada Day, I thought we could celebrate some of the many talented Canadian artists. Please join me in celebrating this strange, silly, and wonderful place with a little country music (because it's Friday, after all).

The First: Convoy by Paul Brandt


When I'm setting out on a long car ride (aka anything longer than, like, 20 minutes), there legitimately is no other song that I hope comes on the radio more than this one. Do I have to actually be in a convoy myself? Absolutely not! I just pretend that the other drivers are my squad and I give them knowing nods while singing the lyrics to this song. I may confuse the heck out of people, but goodness gracious does it make me feel cool.


The Second: Truck Got Stuck by Corb Lund


Boy, oh boy! I cannot express to you how fired up I was when I realized that this song had never before been featured. Past Karla's mistake is your great reward today. This poetry is still one of those songs that I can't help but laugh-sing along with.
You know what I appreciate about the production of this video ten years ago? That it portrays the narrative of this song so perfectly. Because who needs/wants to use their imagination on a holiday?
Agriculture Canada is definitely gonna be lookin' for us!


The Third and Final: If You Ask Me To by Mackenzie Porter


Get ready for one of the sweetest videos - it's a hard one to beat. If I think about it, actually, Mackenzie Porter is real good at making music videos that don't make my brain hurt. Maybe this lady from Medicine Hat, Alberta can teach a thing or two to whoever keeps directing those annoying Florida Georgia Line vids...


Enjoy the long weekend, everyone! If you have the pleasure to live in Canada, I hope you have a chance to get out and enjoy its beauty in one way or another. I plan to be inside as little as possible (because I only put up with Vancouver's rain in order to enjoy the killer summers here).

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment