August 8, 2016

Artist of the Week: Chris Young

If you've been around for any period of time, you may already know that I love Chris Young and his deep, twangy, Josh Turner 2.0 voice.

Chris Young got his start by winning the reality tv show competition, Nashville Star, ten years ago. Unlike so many people who have won televised singing competitions (what percentage of American Idol stars are still putting out new stuff?) he has been able to maintain that success over the years.

He also seems charming as all heck, so I'm sure that's worked in his favour.

The First: You



This one is a fun one to sing along to, mostly because I like the way he changes up the rhythm of the melody throughout the song. That, and I can practice my horrible attempts at a bit of country twang.
Because practice makes perfect. Sometimes.
(Turns out this is not one of those times).


The Second: Neon


I'm actually quite certain I've featured this one before, but it was right at the start of CMF, back when it was just an email and there was no blog to properly archive stuff on. SO WE'RE LISTENING TO IT AGAIN! I like this song solely because of his perfect crooning. It's not too fast, it's not too slow. It's the goldilocks of lazy listening country.


The Third and Final: Voices


What I like about Chris is that he balances his more lovey dovey songs with tunes about other stuff that don't have anything to do with love or your typical country clichés. Like this one, for example.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment