August 26, 2016

This Is The Last Friday In August...

I'm really sorry to be the one to break this news to you, but yeah. It will be September next week. Is that not crazy? The good news is that I love fall and the beginning of a new school year and the beauty of the season and halloween packs of Reese cups and walks over crunchy leaves. The bad news is that summer is nearly over and I've got a few busy-bee weeks between now and enjoying all the bounty (get it? Because Thanksgiving?) that fall has to offer.

What better way to enjoy the remainder of summer than with country music?


The First: There's A Girl by Trent Harmon


I have never met a more hipster cowboy in my life (neither in person nor via the internet) than this dude. But the reality is that I like his sound so no harm, no foul, ya know?
Let me tell you, every scene of him driving/singing in his car is exactly me when I'm driving/singing this song in my car. Specifically 0:58. My steering wheel probably thinks I'm mad at it for the number of times I'll hit it while singing. It's for effect and punctuation, obviously. 
PS this guy won this past (and final?) season of American Idol, says the internet.


The Second: Different For Girls by Dierks Bentley ft. Elle King


Just go ahead and file this one under "Songs I Wasn't Into Until I Was Forced To Listen To Them A Million Times On The Radio And Now I Turn Them Up And Sing Along Whenever They Come On."


The Third and Final: Bury Me In Blue Jeans by Granger Smith


I like the brightness in this song. I don't know how else to describe it.
Contentedness maybe? Is that a word? Doesn't matter, you know what I mean.
There's something about those first few lines and the way he sings, "couldn't be a cowboy, I'm a hundred years late" while the drummer kicks out the bass. I could listen to it all day. (And have, if I'm being honest).
Just listen to it and you'll understand.

Enjoy this sunshine-y weekend, lovelies! I'm spending mine hopefully relaxing a bit before the madness of orientation kicks in next week - wish me luck.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment