August 14, 2015

Déjà vu?

So basically I may have featured/listened to all of these artists too much this summer but if I’m being honest, I don’t really care. I will not apologize for selecting super talented people and their noise art! #noregrets*

*That was a shout out to my friend Jam. Yes, that’s his real name. Poor guy.

The First: Beer Can in a Truck Bed by Old Dominion


They’re back again. They’re still charming and hilarious. They’re still not coming to Vancouver anytime soon and I’m actually really torn up about it. How else will one of them fall in love with me?! (Yes, I really don’t care which one). Sigh.
I like this song because it is light-hearted, fun, and has a good beat. And they have a clapping part! Who doesn’t love a little clapping interlude? Fools, that’s who. I personally love it (obviously). After all, I’m Spanish. I’ve been clapping along to songs since I was an infant.


The Second: Smoking Gun by Sundy Best


Because these guys are still so wonderful to me, ever since I discovered them back in May and fell in love. I selected this particular song a) because it’s heartbreakingly beautiful and true, and b) because it has some smart lyrics that I’m just super impressed with. I mean, just listen to the chorus! “I can’t rewrite all the words that have set foot on my tongue” and “I can’t do one damn thing to change the road that I’ve run.“ Because guess what? No one can. We can only change our future.
CMF just got real.
Life lessons from Sundy Best.


The Third and Final: Front Porch Thing by Little Big Town


Because I will never get over their perfect harmonies and this one exemplifies their pipes so wonderfully. When I hear this song I legit picture them sitting on an old porch next to a creek somewhere in Alabama. It makes me want to join in with a banjo or something. I should probably learn how to play the banjo first though. And then I guess I’d need to find their porch somehow, even though I know nothing about wayfinding in the state of Alabama. Also Alabama has that whole alligator thing, and alligator/crocodile encounters are kind of my greatest fear. This dream is actually turning into more of a nightmare.

Thanks for listening,
Karla

Find me and the CMF playlist on Spotify @karcarr8.

No comments:

Post a Comment