November 25, 2016

Not A Black Friday Post

But a happy Thanksgiving to my American friends, nonetheless!

Here are some things that are exciting and happening this weekend that have nothing to do with shoe sales or whatever:

1. It's Gilmore Girls Day!! Laugh if you wish, but these women have had an indescribable impact on my life. Sometimes I'll even be in the middle of telling people a story about a friend and then realize I'm actually talking about Rory. But I continue the story anyways because people don't need to know that I mixed up a real person with a fictional character (even if she feels real to me). Needless to say, I can't even talk about my feelings towards this revival series.
2. As you might have guessed from last week, I plan to decorate up a storm this weekend. Will you??
3. I'm being trusted to look after my friend's children for an evening. Currently I'm known as Karla #2 in that household... let's see if I can increase my ranking this weekend. I'd even settle for #1.5.
4. Country music is around and ready to be listened to...
(check out that seamless segue)

The First: Girls I Date by Mike Ryan


Mike Ryan's CMF debut might have a lot of country cliches but I think that's kind of part of the charm of this song. Wouldn't you agree? I don't remember how I came across Mr. Two First Names - I assume it was a YouTube rabbit hole, but that's just a guess - but I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm real glad it happened.


The Second: All Alright by the Zac Brown Band


Hello to these old friends!! I fell back in love with this one last week after coming across it again when searching for Lindsay Ell's All Alright and have been listening to it on repeat since that happy reminder. And then when I was making this week's selections, I discovered that I was apparently REMISS when this song first came out and never featured it. Like a fool.
So here you go!


The Third and Final: Does It Hurt by Cole Swindell


More than anything I just find this song hilarious. And as you all know, there's little I love more than a humourous country song. Perfect harmonies in country songs, maybe. But humour is definitely a close second.

Specifically, the ridiculous and (I hope intentionally?) self-deprecating one-sided dialogue in between verses is my favourite. "You wanna dance or..? Yeah, I don't either... It's getting late, yeah. I was actually about to leave myself......."

Just in case that wasn't enough and you need more face-palming hilarity courtesy of Cole Swindell in your life, here you go.


As you've already learned, my weekend is pretty full with a whole lot of awesome. Hope yours is too!

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment