June 12, 2015

I had a brilliant idea last week.

Welcome to the weekend!

Have you ever been sitting at your desk, or perhaps bopping around at home, and thought to yourself, “man, I wish Karla was here to be my DJ and play all her great CMF choices for me right now.”

WELL, GUESS WHAT I'VE DONE!?

I can’t tell if you’ve guessed it already, so I will just tell you: I made a playlist on Spotify* with most of the songs that have been featured in CMF (and that I could remember/find) over the last few years for your listening pleasure. You’re welcome. I am rather new to Spotify, but I believe you can search "karcarr8" to find me and then you can then listen to the playlist. Spoiler alert: the playlist is called “CMF” and it’s the only one on my profile.

And so we move onto this week’s selections:

The First: So Much For Taking It Slow by Bobby Wills 


I actually love the concept for this music video. I do, however, understand that unless you were too once a dancer or have ever watched a season of So You Think You Can Dance and therefore know everything there is about dance (…) you may not care too much for it. So instead I give you permission to just listen to the song instead of watching the vid, since that is what we’re here for, after all.


The Second: Rodeo by Mackenzie Porter


This song is quite catchy and as much as I have tried to not like it… I like it. Gah! Hopefully you enjoy it a little too, even though you may not want to. I also feel like the ladies of country music are horribly underrepresented in CMF, so this is an attempt to correct that. Today I’m choosing to highlight the three things that I enjoy about this music video because no one wants to hear from a pessimist on a Friday:
  1. The gentleman is quite attractive.
  2. She dances in confetti. I wouldn’t personally choose to do so in a music video… but it has now inspired an interest in me to dance around in confetti just on an average Tuesday or something. I hope that I am presented with that opportunity one day.
  3. I am so proud of him for figuring it out at the end there and paying for her laundry. Too cute.


The Third and Final: Georgia Clay by Josh Kelley


Just sit back, relax, and allow my good friend Josh to regale you with stories from the carefree days of his rebellious youth.

*Don't you worry your pretty little mind, you don't need to pay unless you want "Premium" 

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment