June 19, 2015

a deer(e) and a cougar walk into a bar...

Hello and welcome. Lovely to have you here, as always. I hope the last seven days have been pleasant for you all.


We’ve got a little bit of a motley crew selection this week, but that’s just what happens sometimes so you’ll just have to trust that it will all be alright.

The First: John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16 by Keith Urban


There was NO.WAY. I could avoid including this song today. It has been following me all week and I’m not complaining. This song in a strange way reminds me of Kenny Chesney’s American Kids and I can’t quite put my finger on why. If you figure it out, please let me know.
Since I know you’re wondering, I knew the latter two Johns but will admit that when I was explaining this song to my father* this past weekend, I had to google who John Cougar was. I know now: It’s John Mellencamp. Just in case you were pretending to know but didn’t. Now when someone comes up to you tomorrow and asks you who all the Johns are that you’re singing about – because good luck getting this song out of your head – you’ll be able to tell them and not look foolish.
Finally, I feel it is my duty to tell you that this song sounds best when played at a high volume. In a car. With them windows rolled down.


The Second: Oh, Tonight by Josh Abbott Band feat. Kacey Musgraves


A favourite of mine from many summers ago, this song found its way back into my brain this week, which has obviously resulted in me continuously hitting repeat every morning as I’m getting ready for work. Please enjoy it.


The Third and Final: Nowhere Fast by Old Dominion


Can’t stop, won’t stop. As you’ve undoubtedly noticed, these boys are very quickly becoming serious favourites of mine. It cannot be helped. I did struggle to find a recorded version of this song on the youtube, which is a real shame (although you can find it at other sources like iTunes and Spotify) but as I am also a big fan of live music, I’m really not that heartbroken about it. Hope you enjoy it!

*FATHERS DAY SHOUT OUT! I love you, Dad <3
Here’s a song dedicated to you by another father who, though also a talented musician with as many kids, cannot possibly be anywhere near as hilarious as you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIJeMniHKU 

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment