August 19, 2016

Do You Want To Build A Snowman?

As we learned a few weeks ago, I apparently like to find CMF inspiration at the dentist. This week is less so about the musical inspiration I've gleaned from a follow up dental visit, but more so about how, as I'm writing this, my face is approximately 57% frozen. Really anything below the middle of my nose is numb. Plus up my cheeks and at one point the corner of my left eye was oddly droopy. You can see it all on my snapchat - my username is karcarr, in case you were wondering. Which I know you were ;)

I'm so frozen it's basically a Disney movie up in here.


The First: May We All by Florida Georgia Line


It's upbeat. It's catchy. It's new.
These are all good things.
Wanna know about some other good things?
Autumn. Getting lost for a bit down a dirt road. Gaining a speckle of wisdom in your lifetime.
Spoiler alert: these things are also in this song. So you should probably listen to it.


The Second: Jet Black Pontiac by Chase Bryant


I mean, the whole song is good. But those fifteen seconds between 2:30-2:45 are so good. The clapping, the emphasis on the off beat, the boot-stomping greatness of it all. It reminds me a little bit of the western songs they'd play in seventh grade P.E. classes during the line dancing portion of the curriculum. Which, by the way, what a weird thing to make a bunch of preteens do together.


The Third and Final: Stompin' Ground by Tim Hicks


I think more than anything I'm just wondering about the small children who likely make up the softball team were thinking when they were told practice was postponed because Tim Hicks was filming a music video on their field.
"Why does he get to use our field, daddy? He doesn't even have a bat."
"Well son, he has a guitar. And in some circles that's more important."
"..."
"..."
"Can we go get ice cream while we wait?"
"Sure. Just don't tell your mother."


Hope you all have a great weekend! My plans include potentially some beach time as well as helping out with new student move-in because apparently September is coming.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment