August 12, 2016

On [Fridays] We [Talk About] Pink

Well hi.

Full disclosure: I ate too much candy earlier.
My stomach is now like "ow, why??" and my brain is like "I'm crashing hard, girl."
So I guess what I'm saying is that you'll just have to continue at your own risk at this point.

The First: Setting The World On Fire by Kenny Chesney ft. Pink


Yep. You read that right: Pink.
I actually used to like Pink when I was younger. She seemed so... rebellious. At least she did to the preteen conservative and quiet Karla who enjoyed following the rules. Plus her song Dear Mr. President always stirred up some emotions. Now, I would argue that mid-twenties Karla is still fairly conservative, quiet, and thoroughly enjoys following the rules, but the difference is that I probably haven't listened to a Pink song for quite some time. Until now, of course. Because if Kenny Chesney thinks she's cool enough to duet with, then let's be real I'm in.


The Second: Seven Bridges Road covered by Meghan Patrick and The Washboard Union


These beautiful bearded gems are back, along with their Canadian friend, Meghan Patrick, to cover this song originally from The Eagles.
First off: them harmonies are "on fleek" as (I think) the kids are saying these days.
Secondly: the single shot filmed inside that beautiful church is perfect.
Thirdly: that intense head bob around 2:35 that evolves... nay, metamorphosizes into something even more wonderful at 2:59 cannot be under-appreciated.


The Third and Final: I'll Be Home Soon by Craig Morgan


It's been a while since we've heard from this guy and since I like the slight grit to Craig's voice, I'm bringing him back. There's definitely something about it that makes it recognizable.
Video commentary: he does this oddly entertaining head/upper body roll thing at 1:44 that simultaneously makes me cringe and laugh. And then there's the whispering to end off the song. So take that for whatever it is, I suppose. But generally, I enjoy this song.

Apparently there's a meteor shower happening, so that's what I'll be spending an evening doing this weekend, along with visiting with some siblings and a long-lost (Edmonton) dear friend who I haven't seen in the flesh in who knows how long. So. Like. Maybe I'm excited it's the weekend. Just a tad.

Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment