August 22, 2016

Artist of the Week: Rascal Flatts

Gooooood morning!

We're chatting about the Rascal Flatts today! I'm pretty confident that my first exposure to these boys was back when the Disney Family Channel would play music videos in between shows. Do any of you remember that? I can't recall what that feature was called, but I do remember being thankful that it turned me on to so much new music. Was it mostly Aaron Carter and Hilary Duff? Yes. But sometimes there were diamonds like RF's Life Is A Highway, which they covered for the Cars movie. I can't even tell you how many times I've watched them pull up for that drive-in movie. Great mems.

Anyways, I've since expanded my Flatts knowledge and would like to share a few (believe me, I could listen to all their stuff forever) of their songs with you.


The First: Bless The Broken Road



Gosh I love this song. I love the lyrics, I love singing it, I love this performance of it, I just love it all. It is true what they say about it being used for people's wedding song... I know of at least three couples who have used it. I can't say I blame them, it's pretty beautiful and I can see how the lyrics would hit home with many. Thanks, boys.


The Second: Banjo



I mean, I'll be honest here: I had completely forgotten about this song until writing this post. I had forgotten about this GEM! Like a fool! I remember when this song came out and I genuinely could not contain my excitement whenever it came on the ray-day-o. And now I've apparently just forgotten about it. Thank goodness for CMF forcing me to re-evaluate the musical past, huh?


The Third and Final: Why Wait


I mean, you'll have to overlook the very odd Hangover-inspired music video, but the song is a favourite of mine for sure. It's upbeat and though real-life Karla would probably find the concept impractical, dream world Karla thinks it's sweet and spontaneous.


Thanks for listening!
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment