February 8, 2013

It’s Country Music Friday!

Well hello!

Today is Friday, and we all know what that means! Country music!

The First: Bait a Hook – Justin Moore


In which good ol’  Justin attempts to put down his ex’s choice for her new boyfriend by picking out every non-country thing about him. Although the second verse is my favourite (because every good ole country boy should know how to melt a girls heart on the guitar) I think the following line might be the funniest: “I heard he's got a Prius, 'cause he's into bein' green.” Also: be sure to listen to the end bit (from 3:08-3:23 in the video), because it’s also quite a laugh.


The Second: The Wind – Zac Brown Band


Now, let me just start by making the following statement very clear: ZAC BROWN CAN DO NO WRONG. Seriously. The man is a genius. This is their newest song. Very banjo-y, very fun. Please ignore the awful lyric video – they have yet to release the music video for this song.


The Third: Dirt Roads Scholar – Dean Brody


In my book, this may be one of the wittiest country music songs out there. Listen closely to the lyrics – so smart! I think I might apply to be a Dirt Roads Scholar for my grad program – thoughts? “I’m from the dirt road poison ivy league...”

Thanks for listening,
Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment